The “tiny bud possibility” (see August 9) thrust from the top of our avocado seedling as a tight bundle of spears. First two emerged, one on each side, which never developed (but which forgave me for my ignorant pinching). From between them came four leaves and from their midst another four. The tree is now over a foot high, as tall as its play pen.
Top Posts & Pages
- Christian bedrock of our Ivy League Colleges
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- "The face-cloth . . . lying in a place by itself"
- Robert Frost meets Ezra Pound
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Amelia Earhart: "What mystery? She died on Saipan!"
- Intelligent Design: The water window
- "139.7 mph to be specific"
- FLIGHT: The Genius of Birds
- 91,417 hits
Blogs I Follow