Ibrahim, who was freed from prison on Monday, had been sentenced to die for refusing to recant her Christian faith. A judge commuted her sentence after an international outcry. Her lawyer, Eman Abdul-Rahim, said the family was trying to get on a plane bound for the United States when they were detained at the international airport in Khartoum. Daniel Wani, Ibrahim’s husband, is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- The worst thing about Hitler
- Josh Slocum: Sailing Alone Around the World
- Colton and Akiane's Jesus
- "Amelia Earhart: The Truth at Last"
- Irreconcilable Differences: Now it begins
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 81,307 hits
Blogs I Follow