Ibrahim, who was freed from prison on Monday, had been sentenced to die for refusing to recant her Christian faith. A judge commuted her sentence after an international outcry. Her lawyer, Eman Abdul-Rahim, said the family was trying to get on a plane bound for the United States when they were detained at the international airport in Khartoum. Daniel Wani, Ibrahim’s husband, is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Top Posts & Pages
- Colton and Akiane's Jesus
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- "Save me - The hand of God" by Yongsung Kim
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Christian bedrock of our Ivy League Colleges
- Robert Frost meets Ezra Pound
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Who was this maestro in the metropolis?
- "Deep gladness and the world's deep hunger"
- I don't drool; do I get a point for that?
- 95,102 hits
Blogs I Follow