Ibrahim, who was freed from prison on Monday, had been sentenced to die for refusing to recant her Christian faith. A judge commuted her sentence after an international outcry. Her lawyer, Eman Abdul-Rahim, said the family was trying to get on a plane bound for the United States when they were detained at the international airport in Khartoum. Daniel Wani, Ibrahim’s husband, is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Top Posts & Pages
- Amelia Earhart: "What mystery? She died on Saipan!"
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Robert Frost meets Ezra Pound
- Living From the Heart Jesus Gave You
- The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection
- Last year's Walk for Life speaker Jackie Stalnaker
- "A Perfect Solar Eclipse"
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 79,201 hits
Blogs I Follow