Ibrahim, who was freed from prison on Monday, had been sentenced to die for refusing to recant her Christian faith. A judge commuted her sentence after an international outcry. Her lawyer, Eman Abdul-Rahim, said the family was trying to get on a plane bound for the United States when they were detained at the international airport in Khartoum. Daniel Wani, Ibrahim’s husband, is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- The Fourth of July According to Ronald Reagan
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The worst thing about Hitler
- Amelia Earhart: "What mystery? She died on Saipan!"
- My favorite martyr
- Wee word study: The Veil that blinds--removed
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 84,960 hits
Blogs I Follow