Note: “Anne” is Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham’s daughter.
“I prayed to the LORD my God and made confession, saying, ‘O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments…to you, O Lord, belongs righteousness….’” —Daniel 9:4–7
Let us bow before the LORD in adoration, recognizing who God is and confessing sin: our own, our nation’s, and our world’s, for it is grievous. Bring honor to the Name of God—the truth sets worship in us free!
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
to receive all
“Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name
that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ”
- We worship You, Lord Jesus, as the name that is above every name. You stand in the solitude of Yourself. There is no one like You. You are the One who sits on the throne at the center of the Universe. You are the Creator, the Messiah, the Redeemer of Israel, the Savior of the world, the Hope of the Ages. You alone are able to rule the world and fulfill the Father’s purpose for the human race, yet You humbled Yourself to the point of death on the Cross that You might be the ransom for our sin.
- I worship You as _______________
- We repent of caring more about our own reputations than Yours.
- We repent of giving You our left-over money, our left-over time, and even our left-over love, implying You are second-best.
- We repent of priorities, actions and decisions that reveal we honor and exalt ourselves, our friends, our families, other people, and even our wallets, above You.
- We repent of honoring other gods in the name of pluralism as though You are just one of many other gods, and so compromise our witness of You for the sake of toleration because we want to seem inclusive of everyone.
- We repent of honoring You with our lips, while our hearts are far from You.
- We repent of robbing You of the honor due Your name.
- I repent of _______________
- We choose to seek Your Kingdom and Your righteousness before all else, placing You alone on the throne of our hearts. We count our own lives as nothing that You might be everything. We abandon ourselves to Your will. We regret that we have only one life to live for Your glory and Your honor alone. We choose in honor of Your Name to publicly declare that all have sinned, that there is forgiveness of sin at the Cross, that there is no other way to the Father but through You, that eternal life is found through faith in You alone.
- I choose now to_________
- We ask that as we honor You, You would honor us with Your favor, and the good-will of our neighbors and co-workers; that even those who don’t believe in You will respect Your name because of the way they see we honor You.
- We ask that as Your name is lifted up, dark spirits would flee.
- We ask that Your name would be a strong tower to those who take refuge in You.
- I humbly ask that____________
FOR YOUR GLORY,