Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- The worst thing about Hitler
- Salvation - the marriage analogy
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- Einstein: "Hell of a way to boil water."
- "Save me - The hand of God" by Yongsung Kim
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 83,493 hits
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: Scenery
On our misty day cruising down the Lower Danube, Jerry took this shot of a lone and ghostly wind turbine on a cliff above us. When we got home and mentioned it to friends from Arizona, they described a semi … Continue reading
Rain-swollen rivers did not cause problems for us. Our ark just floated a bit higher than we would have otherwise. But it did cause problems for people living along the shore. When we were docked in Belgrade (at the confluence … Continue reading
The on-board library provided travel books and literature relevant to the area we were passing through. (I read their book of three stories by Mor Jokai, 20th century–just barely–Hungarian novelist). The TV in each room, at least for the … Continue reading
Cornfields, sunflowers and twisters. Looks like the mid-west. (In this case, the twister was caused by the reflection of a curtain between our bus windows.) Here’s how you can tell it’s not Kansas: the fields also contain signs warning of … Continue reading
Passau, Germany is photogenic in a different way from the half-timbering of other towns. Teenagers this time.