Top Posts & Pages
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- Salvation - the marriage analogy
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Amelia Earhart: "What mystery? She died on Saipan!"
- Robert Frost meets Ezra Pound
- "Amelia Earhart: The Truth at Last"
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 79,249 hits
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: celebrations
Vidin, Bulgaria. Jerry and I were sick; our colds had gone into bronchitis, with bone-shaking coughs, especially Jerry’s, which kept waking him up at night. In Belgrade, I had suggested we not go on the bus tour but he would … Continue reading
Mashup: a musical composition created by blending two or more pre-recorded songs, by overlaying vocal and/or instrumental tracks. Our pastor’s message Sunday was “Never a Down Day…Reasons to Always Praise God.” He ended with a clip from Louie Giglio’s mashup … Continue reading
C.S. Lewis, 1898 – 1963 “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it but because by it I see everything else.” After his admirers move on, exclaiming over sarcophagi, after … Continue reading
There is a beautiful story about the face cloth of Jesus circulating on the internet: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? The Gospel of John (chapter 20, verse 7) tells us that the napkin which … Continue reading
This was the shirt I intended to order. I enjoy the humor. . But this one expresses my heart so I ordered it instead:
In the interests of full disclosure, I also wrote a poem during that hurricane month of writing. On the 50th anniversary of C.S. Lewis’ death, a plaque in his honor was dedicated in Poets’ Corner of Westminster Abbey. I got … Continue reading