Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The Giving Tree--maybe bald trees are wise and enlightened, too
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Tim: Via time-space warps and Alaska. . . Naomi's report
- Tim: "Those eggs Jerry makes"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Some are more equal than others (see George Orwell's Animal Farm)
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 81,201 hits
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: cooking
Between preparing, serving, clearing away and washing up after all our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and multiple-course 2-hour dinners, the kitchen staff managed to roast and slice all kinds of meats, chop and mince ingredients for all kinds of salads, saute … Continue reading
Meals on the Embla were exquisite, on the Aegir slightly less so. Every breakfast offered, along with the standard cereals, omelets, waffles, assortment of sausages, breads, and cheeses, made-to-order pancakes, French toast and Eggs Benedict. Plus there were two tasty … Continue reading
As we can all recall, Chick-Fil-A was the center of controversy as they were accused of “forcing their religious views” on others when president Dan Cathy made his political leanings known regarding gay marriage. You’ll never guess what the once demonized business is now forcing on … Continue reading
Jerry and I dressed up and went to Elise’s Tea Room this afternoon for lavender Earl Grey and vanilla almond tea, scones, and finger sandwiches. The pastry chef came out to present our dessert options and since it was surprisingly … Continue reading
We have friends I’ll call Dave and Ellie. One day early in their marriage Dave came home from work to find his wife in the doorway with evidence of a failed attempt at dinner in the background. Ellie held up … Continue reading