Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- The worst thing about Hitler
- Salvation - the marriage analogy
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- Einstein: "Hell of a way to boil water."
- "Save me - The hand of God" by Yongsung Kim
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 83,493 hits
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: human interest anecdotes
Before we left Long Beach, we were telling the manager of our favorite BBQ place about our upcoming trip. He was enthusiastic, making us promise to bring back pictures. “If we can have one of your sacks with your … Continue reading
Vidin, Bulgaria. Jerry and I were sick; our colds had gone into bronchitis, with bone-shaking coughs, especially Jerry’s, which kept waking him up at night. In Belgrade, I had suggested we not go on the bus tour but he would … Continue reading
Rain-swollen rivers did not cause problems for us. Our ark just floated a bit higher than we would have otherwise. But it did cause problems for people living along the shore. When we were docked in Belgrade (at the confluence … Continue reading
In Serbia, having heard that Dalmatia is part of Serbia, I was tickled to see a Dalmatian on someone’s leash. Jerry and I both got pictures of it. His is better. My dad once said that every dog in … Continue reading
We had a wonderful tour guide in Serbia. For one thing, she was a great story-teller. For another, her English was excellent. She said her name was (what sounded like) Nevana, but she said tourists always get it wrong so … Continue reading