Top Posts & Pages
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Jesus in the Old Testament - Amir Tsarfati's personal testimony
- God and scientists - 20th and 21st centuries
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Christian bedrock of our Ivy League Colleges
- Eyewitnesses: What is Heaven like? Who will be there? Do animals go to Heaven? Answers by Colton Burpo & Akiane
- How's your Portuguese?
- Colton and Akiane's Jesus
- "Amelia Earhart: The Truth at Last"
- Intelligent Design: Woodpecker tongue
- 119,825 hits
Primary blog of Jessica Reynolds Shaver Renshaw
Category Archives: human interest anecdotes
Buddhism teaches that the “pursuit of pleasure can only continue what is ultimately an unquenchable thirst. . . Desire and ignorance lie at the root of suffering. By desire, Buddhists refer to craving pleasure, material goods, and immortality, all of … Continue reading
I have big expectations. I want life to meet my expectations and the more time, money, anticipation, and imagination I invest in something, the bigger return I feel I have a right to. (We are still talking about the pursuit … Continue reading
Sooner or later we each learn that we have been born into an imperfect world, a world where not all our needs will be met and even some of our most basic needs may be thoroughly and permanently blown to … Continue reading
From my journal: Malibu Beach Inn, Saturday, April 20, 1996 I am perfectly content for minutes at a time here. I sit in a shaded corner of our balcony and watch the sea break around rocks and darken the sand … Continue reading
I often thank God for taking such good care of us. Besides everything else, this terrarium we live in and everything in it which we take for granted, He gave us extras yesterday. I went downstairs to make lunch, which … Continue reading