Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The Giving Tree--maybe bald trees are wise and enlightened, too
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Tim: Via time-space warps and Alaska. . . Naomi's report
- Tim: "Those eggs Jerry makes"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Some are more equal than others (see George Orwell's Animal Farm)
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 81,201 hits
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: not-so-amusing anecdotes
Rain-swollen rivers did not cause problems for us. Our ark just floated a bit higher than we would have otherwise. But it did cause problems for people living along the shore. When we were docked in Belgrade (at the confluence … Continue reading
Say you’re the head of the Department of Offense in Iran and you let everyone in the world know you’re developing nuclear weapons so you can destroy Israel. Suppose Israel doesn’t appreciate the idea and bombs your labs and munitions … Continue reading
“Even if only the people in your writing group read your memoirs or stories or novel, even if you only wrote your story so that one day your children would know what life was like when you were a child … Continue reading
Last night we had a big wind and this morning palm branches were strewn in our path. Cloudless sky, cool breeze, sunshine. Beautiful day. We greeted some neighbors with “Good morning!,” others with “Shabbat shalom!,” Latinos laying sprinkler pipe and … Continue reading
I’m sorry we haven’t been keeping up with the weather in other parts of the country. My brother Ted in Michigan has reported temperatures down to -11 at night with a wind chill of -31. One day when we talked … Continue reading
I was reminding Jerry that this is a decade year for the females in my family. This year my granddaughter turns 10, my daughter turns 40 “and I turn s-s-” I couldn’t even say it. “S-s-stwenty-nine?” suggested Jerry. — (Tags: … Continue reading