Top Posts & Pages
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The worst thing about Hitler
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Will you survive the death of your brain?
- Tim: Grieving
- Funerals and other parties: Christopher Ung
- Robert Frost meets Ezra Pound
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 74,983 hits
Blogs I Follow
Tag Archives: Eastern Europe
During the centuries of Turkish rule, Croatians learned to disguise their cathedrals inside buildings that were plain and unrecognizable as churches so they would not be shut down or destroyed. The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul is in … Continue reading
Kalocsa, Hungary. Experience for yourself the Bach recital we heard in the cathedral on their 4,668-pipe organ, an organ Franz Liszt enjoyed playing when he was in town.
Here’s a wicker child from Budapest. (Okay, so it’s not a real kid; I took what I could get): And two kids in Belgrade, advertising the latest fashions for wealthy 19th century waifs. (You can see the Hungarian Magyar … Continue reading
(Remembering Heather Smith, 30, passenger on American Airlines flight 11, 9/11/2001) Almost daily I snapped a picture of the view through the porthole. I loved having it change without my doing anything. It was like being a child again on … Continue reading