Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The Giving Tree--maybe bald trees are wise and enlightened, too
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Tim: Via time-space warps and Alaska. . . Naomi's report
- Tim: "Those eggs Jerry makes"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Some are more equal than others (see George Orwell's Animal Farm)
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 81,201 hits
Blogs I Follow
Tag Archives: European river cruise
Vidin, Bulgaria. Jerry and I were sick; our colds had gone into bronchitis, with bone-shaking coughs, especially Jerry’s, which kept waking him up at night. In Belgrade, I had suggested we not go on the bus tour but he would … Continue reading
Kalocsa, Hungary. Experience for yourself the Bach recital we heard in the cathedral on their 4,668-pipe organ, an organ Franz Liszt enjoyed playing when he was in town.
According to Wikpedia’s article, Equestrian Statues: Hoof-position Symbolism: “In the United States and the United Kingdom, an urban legend states that if the horse is rearing (both front legs in the air), the rider died in battle; one front leg … Continue reading
Posted on September 8, 2012 by Jessica Renshaw NOTE: I’ve learned more about Adolf Hitler since writing this, facts which document and supplement what I have written. Wikipedia has an excellent discussion of Hitler’s self-serving views with direct quotes from … Continue reading
With only 24 hours notice, Program Director Michael found accommodations for all of us. We would be leaving the Viking Embla, staying ashore for two nights, and transferring directly to her twin sister, the Aegir. Embla’s entire staff–cooks, servers, bartenders, … Continue reading