Top Posts & Pages
- Pronuncation of "Buechner"
- Overview of the Seven Jewish Feasts
- EUROPEAN SOJOURN: A tail of two bunnies (Days 8 and 18)
- The Giving Tree--maybe bald trees are wise and enlightened, too
- From Gilbert and Sullivan to my fellow insomniacs
- Cana: Whose wedding was it?
- Tim: Via time-space warps and Alaska. . . Naomi's report
- Tim: "Those eggs Jerry makes"
- Poem: "But Mary Pondered"
- Some are more equal than others (see George Orwell's Animal Farm)
Jessica ’n’ Sammy
- 81,201 hits
Blogs I Follow
Tag Archives: Vienna
Before we left Long Beach, we were telling the manager of our favorite BBQ place about our upcoming trip. He was enthusiastic, making us promise to bring back pictures. “If we can have one of your sacks with your … Continue reading
The Mozart/Strauss concert was marvelous, held in a room of the Hofburg palace. To my relief, it wasn’t formal but was filled with commoners like us who hadn’t brought “dress-up” clothes with them. We sat right in the middle and … Continue reading
With only 24 hours notice, Program Director Michael found accommodations for all of us. We would be leaving the Viking Embla, staying ashore for two nights, and transferring directly to her twin sister, the Aegir. Embla’s entire staff–cooks, servers, bartenders, … Continue reading
From my journal: We didn’t sign up for any optional tours. I would have liked to take the in-depth historical tour of Nuremberg and even more, the Mozart and Strauss concert in Vienna. But we wanted to save some of … Continue reading
There was no time to compose art shots or wait for the right lighting or composition. We took most of our pictures through a moving bus window or while waddling after whichever duck we had been assigned to that was … Continue reading